Friday, May 13, 2005

Barbara's New Caregiver

I think the new caregiver is going to work out just fine. Her name is Sylvia.

Sylvia's first day was yesterday and shortly after she arrived, her supervisor from the agency showed up to go over things with her and make it clear what her responsibilities are. We all three sat together so it was clear to us all what she is supposed to do.

Well, I was more than a little bit surprised to find out that she is responsibile for taking care of not just Barbara, but also the parts of the house Barbara uses, or the parts Sylvia uses to take care of Barbara. Sylvia is also responsibile for doing Barbara's laundry.

That's great. You know what this means? Barbara and Sylvia use every room in the house except the den. Which means I get the entire house cleaned and dusted which is no small relief for me. (Who cares about the den.)

As far as the laundry goes, Sylvia does it all, because, "As long as I'm doing it, I don't mind doing yours and Brian's." Music to my ears. I feel a little guilty about her doing all our laundry so I'm going to offer her a little extra on the side each week as sort of a "thank you".

Yep, I think Sylvia is going to work out just fine.

"And that's all I have to say about that."
Forest Gump

No comments: