I really appreciate all the nice things you’ve been saying about my posts. I really didn't know what direction this blog was going when I started it in April. Actually, I have no idea were it will go from here. I just play it be ear as I go along. Thank you.
This week especially, there were some very moving comments on my HNT post. I really appreciate your wishes, prayers, compassion and concern for our situation. It has been about 28 months since Barbara was diagnosed with the brain cancer and I have no idea how much longer she will fight it. Just when I think she is close, she surprises me. Like yesterday, she was talking up a storm, for her anyway. She talked to her mother on the phone, which I'm sure picked her up. Then when I got home from grocery shopping at 7:00, the Hospice volunteer told me about the conversations they were having.
Next, Barbara asked me if I remembered to buy chocolate pudding. (yes I did) I really was sort of shocked at that comment. She really hasn't spoken more than a few words for about a week before that. Today she is also pretty alert. She is really fighting this thing and just doesn't want to give up. Truthfully, if I was in her position, I'd have quit a long time ago, but that's just me.
Now about my scar Bug, if you liked Bug, just wait until you see some other scars I have, I got a million of 'em! (Well, maybe not a million, but a lot.) They will get more and more gross so be prepared. You may actually skeeve out when you see the one I call the “Grand Canyon". Getting blown up has a tendency to cause quite a bit of damage to one’s body. The bright side is that I came away from that, with all my vital "stuff" in tack.
Thanks again for being so nice. :-)
BTW, I finally posted responses to your comments yesterday about Bug if your interested.
Friday, September 16, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment